Sunday, September 27, 2015

knocked out by a bug and more talking

As is always the case, our weeks are made up of highs and lows. Neko got a horrible stomach flu on Tuesday, as we were driving home from school. The good news: we needed a new car seat anyway. The bad news: it was terrible to watch our poor little guy get sick all over the place. I got sick soon after, and then Aaron. Whole family was incapacitated one by one, for about six days total. Yuck.

On a brighter note, Neko has been talking more and more each day. I love his age right now. He is so silly and sweet. He has so much personality. I sometimes feel torn between work and parenthood. It makes me exhausted and run down, but want to remember these days- my sweet little boy at this age.










As much as I dislike waking up at 5AM on the weekends to get him some milk, I love pulling him into bed with me for an hour and snuggling with him (even if he does hit me in the face with his bottle, and kick me in the stomach). It won't be long before he won't want to climb into bed with me every morning. I also love how he hugs my legs at night while I wash the dishes. I love that he's still small enough to sit in the bath with me. He likes me to walk beside him on his bike and hold his hand when we all go to the park. He loves to have dance parties with us in the living room.

His new words are "fly," "bubbles" (bubba), "choo choo" (his train), "bunny" (buh), "side" (outside), "thank you," and "open" (for me to open his toy chest, only said once).

Every Sunday night I still get a little sad that our weekend together is over, and it's back to the grind. Then again, I really do love teaching. I love my job 95% of the time. Neko also loves going to his own "school." He, Cameron, and Christopher are called the "three amigos." They got in trouble recently for being silly and keeping everyone awake during nap time. He also has a special little friend, named Amelia. She always pulls a chair over for him to sit next to her at the table. When he gets to school, they yell "Neko!" "Neko!" (some call him "Coco"). His teachers say he is always happy and friendly. So anyway, here we go, another week.


1 comment:

  1. So sorry you all were sick. Pretty typical, I guess, when school starts to get whatever's out there.

    I love watching him dance to the music. So darling.

    ReplyDelete