Monday, September 7, 2015

A Visit from the Dubravacs

We've been so busy since school started back up, that I realized I never wrote about the Dubravacs' visit. This will be a short post with lots of photos. Stayc, Christina, Luctece, and Phoenix made drove out to Colorado on their way to a family reunion in Utah (in their new car!). We were very lucky that they were able to stop here on their way back home.


Neko loved following the big kids around, but he really took to Lutece. He enjoyed sitting on her lap and playing with her. She has a natural way with little kids. One evening while I was cleaning up the kitchen, I listened while she watched him in the living room. She was so gentle and sweet with him.



We ate a lot of ice cream, visited the neighborhood parks, and ate dinner in the backyard. It was great. I wish they lived closer so that we could do this more often.




Lutece was very patient with my constant picture-taking.






We drove to the Garden of the Gods for a little hike and dinner out.



Neko climbed the little rocks.



Phoenix and Lutece climbed the bigger rocks.




*The little girl in this photo is not Luctece... I just wanted to include this photo so that you could see how big the rock was. 

We were so sad when they left. We need more cousin time.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you put this post up. I love seeing the kids. (And the adults.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? Lutece is convinced that all the Hendricks need to come to Kentucky for Christmas. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete